About Krirk University
Krirk University was first opened at the Ratchadamnoen Building in 1952 by Dr.KrirkManglabruk (1915-1978), a renowned educator both in Thailand and abroad. He received an honorary doctorate in education from David & Elkins College, USA. The purpose of setting up university in the early stages was to conduct English teaching only due to his high competence in English Language in both pedagogy and work experience. Undoubtedly, he was the first Thai person who taught modern English that aimed at students to acquire language principles and be able to use English effectively. The name of the institution according to the license at that time was “Language and Professional School", but people had consistently recognized the name of the school as Dr.Krirk School.
Wisdom for Society
Krirk University focuses on producing quality graduates who are able to work professionally adherence to moral and ethics together with self-responsibility and social responsibility.
Krirk University has operated in accordance with the missions of higher education institutions in the following four aspects:
- To develop curricula to be modern, focus on developing the quality of learners, and emphasize student-center.
- To support research projects to gain new explicit knowledge.
- To provide up-to-date and appropriate academic services according to the requirements of audiences and society.
- To promote arts, culture and local wisdom.
Identity of Students
“Valiant with knowledge and virtue.”
Identity refers to the output of the learner according to the philosophy, resolution, missions, and objectives of the higher education institution approved by the Institution Council. The student identity of Krirk University is “Valiant with knowledge and virtue.” which means that the graduates of Krirk University are knowledgeable, valiant with knowledge and intellect leading to reasonable consideration, self-benefits and social benefits. Moreover, Krirk University students behave well, adhere to moral, virtue, and have responsibility toward themselves and society
Uniqueness of Krirk University
“Wisdom for Society”
Krirk University has defined the uniqueness as “Wisdom for Society”.
Wisdom refers to knowledge, competence, thoughts, and beliefs that have been searched and collected to be explicit knowledge and concepts for solving human problems.
Uniqueness of Krirk University is “Wisdom for Society”. This means Krirk University aims at creating explicit knowledge and developing learning process to develop society into society of wisdom.
Krirk University Symbol
- The Wheel of Dhamma is placed in front of the torch
- There’s a tree inside the Wheel of Dhamma
- On the top of the wheel is Bali language “วิชฺชา จรณสมฺปนฺโน” and Thai language “ความรู้ทำให้องอาจ” below.
- Under the Wheel of Dhamma is Thai language “มหาวิทยาลัยเกริก” and English language “KRIRK UNIVERSITY”
Wheel of Dhamma refers to the Wheel of Knowledge.
The Torch refers to the light of wisdom and glory.
The Tree refers to growth and strength.